New: audio/speex

Speex is a patent-free audio codec designed especially for voice
(unlike Vorbis which targets general audio) signals and providing
good narrowband and wideband quality.  This project aims to be
complementary to the Vorbis codec.

----
The attached port works on i386 and powerpc, although an encoding-decoding
chain appears to produce slightly different results on both.

I've added native OpenBSD audio support to the decoder utility, a patch
from the speex-devel mailing list that fixes .wav writing on big endian
machines, and an LP64 fix.

It does _not_ work on sparc64.  I haven't tried alpha.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                     naddy@unix-ag.uni-kl.de

speex.shar