Re: x11/rxvt suggestion

On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 01:58:01PM -0500, J.A. Neitzel wrote:
> Which is better?  Isn't ttygid better..?  Both xterm in the XF4
> tree and x11/aterm use ttygid.  Perhaps the rxvt port should be
> changed to do the same.

Frankly, I believe that rxvt port and rclock port should be compiled
from the same source version.  They are developed together.  But in our
ports tree:

$ pkg_info | grep "rxvt\|rclock"
rxvt-2.6.4         color, low memory usage, xterm replacement
rclock-2.7.6       analog clock for X11 w/appoint. reminder and mail notif

Note also that rxvt-2.7.8 (I do not know about our version 2.6.4, but
that can be checked easily) has a security issue with "screen dump"
feature and menu bar.  The latest source from rxvt.org fixes these
holes.
Reference: http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bugtraq&m=104612710031920

--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan@cs.wm.edu>