Re: devel/jdk status?

On Mon, 19 May 2003, Christian Weisgerber wrote:

> Would the people who actually use this stuff care to provide a summary
> of the current status of our devel/jdk/* ports?
>
> >From what I can tell:
> * 1.1, 1.2, and 1.2-blackdown are historical (1999) and should probably
>   be removed.

1.2 = native i386 jdk 1.2.2	should stay
1.2-blackdown required to build (bootstrap) native jdk 1.2.2

One will assume the 1.2 will become 1.4 once the java porting team? get
there

> * 1.3-linux is randomly broken for some people ever since
>   emulators/redhat was updated.
> * 1.4-linux is marked BROKEN and has never worked in the first place.
>
> I'm sort of looking at removing most or all of this sore...

Apart from 1.2 && 1.2-blackdown I can't see why the rest can't go.

Ian McWilliam
Technical Officer
School of Computing & IT
University of Western Sydney.

"Technician was the lowest rank on this ship. even
the man who changed the bog roll was higher than us."
- Dave lister, Red Dwarf.

Scanned by SCIT E-Mail Gateway http://www.cit.uws.edu.au