Re: x11/rxvt suggestion

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 05:33:09PM -0400, Brian wrote:
> On Sat, May 17, 2003 at 04:25:19PM -0400, Zvezdan Petkovic wrote:
> > Frankly, I believe that rxvt port and rclock port should be compiled
> > from the same source version.  They are developed together.  But in our
> > ports tree:
> >
> > $ pkg_info | grep "rxvt\|rclock"
> > rxvt-2.6.4         color, low memory usage, xterm replacement
> > rclock-2.7.6       analog clock for X11 w/appoint. reminder and mail notif
>
> yes, but they are two TOTALLY different and unrelated applications.  They
> should be separate ports.

I didn't mention anything about merging them.  In fact I like them being
separate ports.  What I'm talking about is that they should be compiled
from the same source base.  That is currently rxvt-2.7.10.tar.gz
available from rxvt.org.  That version contains important security fixes
and that should be incorporated in our rxvt port, IMHO.

Regards,
--
Zvezdan Petkovic <zvezdan@cs.wm.edu>
http://www.cs.wm.edu/~zvezdan/