Re: Hylafax ?

I cannot provide diffs to solve everything, but maybe some experiences
and ideas:

1. I did two port-installs on two machines and both break at the latest
state of creating the FIFO at the end of addfaxmodem:
"unable to create fifo /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO.tty02; terminating"
A manual
mkfifo /var/spool/hylafax/FIFO.tty02
solved the problem.

2. (less important) On earlier installs, faxaddmodem defaulted to class
2 whenever possible (easier to setup; more templates available); here
it defaults to class 1, even though modem returns class 2 on query.

3. The hylafax.sh.sample is incomplete. It starts the faxqueue, but no
communication to clients. I'd suggest it read something like

# starting the queue
if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/faxq ]; then
        echo -n ' faxq';       /usr/local/sbin/faxq
fi

# starting the fax-daemon to listen for clients
if [ -x /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd ]; then
        echo -n ' hfaxd';       /usr/local/sbin/hfaxd -i hylafax
fi