Re: pthread

Thorsten Glaser wrote:

> begin  electrogrammati illius Flinn Mueller
>
> >What exactly is the difference between -pthread and -lpthread?
>
>  -pthread is a switch that tells gcc you want threads.
>  -lpthread is a switch for the linker that tells it you
>         want to link against libpthreads. THIS IS NOT
>         ENOUGH! Use -pthread instead.

BTW, I want to stress another time that in the errata page
(http://www.openbsd.org/errata.html) there is still nothing about the
very important pthread patch made by Marco S Hyman in PR 3238
(http://www.openbsd.org/query-pr.html).

It is ABSOLUTELY required to make MySQL correctly work under OBSD 3.3
i386!
And possibily other programs too...

Is anybody listening...?

Bye,