Re: pthread

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Federico Giannici wrote:

> Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> >
> > begin  electrogrammati illius Flinn Mueller
> >
> > >What exactly is the difference between -pthread and -lpthread?
> >
> >  -pthread is a switch that tells gcc you want threads.
> >  -lpthread is a switch for the linker that tells it you
> >         want to link against libpthreads. THIS IS NOT
> >         ENOUGH! Use -pthread instead.
>
> BTW, I want to stress another time that in the errata page
> (http://www.openbsd.org/errata.html) there is still nothing about the
> very important pthread patch made by Marco S Hyman in PR 3238
> (http://www.openbsd.org/query-pr.html).

So it's not errata.html, but the fix is in 3.3-stable.

It has been said a numerous times that not all fixes in -stable are on
errata.html. Taken from http://www.openbsd.org/faq/faq5.html#Flavors
"The -stable branch is -release plus patches found on the errata page, and
some simple fixes that do not merit an errata entry."

> It is ABSOLUTELY required to make MySQL correctly work under OBSD 3.3
> i386!
> And possibily other programs too...

CVSROOT:	/cvs
Module name:	src
Changes by:	margarida@cvs.openbsd.org	2003/05/12 22:57:38

Modified files:
	lib/libpthread/uthread: Tag: OPENBSD_3_3 uthread_kill.c
	                        uthread_sig.c

Log message:
Pull patch from -current:
Fixes a pthread issue noticed by several users reports regarding
mysql crashing unexpectedly.
PR# 3179 adn 3238

marc@ millert@ ok

Cheers,