Re: pthread

Is this true for 3.1?  I know I've always heard use -pthread, but why
are there times that -pthread does not work, and -lpthread does?

Also I just installed gnu pth 2.0 (not from ports) and here is the
first line of my /usr/local/include/pthread.h:
**  GNU Pth - The GNU Portable Threads

I'm sure it also installed:
libpthread.a
libpthread.la
libpthread.so.20.20

So why am I using the OS's pthread when I call -lpthread, and if that
is true how would I call gnu pth?
-lpth?

And if that is true, then why does GNU pth 2 install libpthread.* and
pthread.h?

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Flinn