Re: License question: mod_throttle

Hello!

> Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de> wrote:
> I asked the author and he helpfully pointed out that the next release
> of mod_throttle will have the same or a stricter version of the
> license here:
>
> http://www.snert.com/Software/mod_watch/
>
> Which is rather unattractive.

So let me get this straight: To distribute a package or even mirror the
source code, you have to get a "prior written permission in hardcopy
(letter or fax) from the author". If you do it commercially, you also
have to pay a fee to the author.

That sounds like some really, really stupid license. Does the author
really want anyone to *use* this module? Have you talked to him about
the numerous problems of this license?

--Benny.