Re: No more ports of unfree software

* Christian Weisgerber [2003-05-25]:
> I think after the hackathon there is a fair bit of consensus among
> porters that we want to put the brakes on ports of software that we
> can't at least put up for FTP.  I would like to remind everybody

FWIW, I disagree on this one. To me the ports tree is a nice
infrastructure to get 3rd party software installed on my system. I don't
care about distribution rights insofar, as I primarily want to use
software, not distribute it. I see packages as just a means to install
the software, they are useful for distribution, that might even be their
original meaning, but that's not the light I see them in.

bye,

Nikolay