Re: No more ports of unfree software

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, 16:24:17, Nikolay Sturm wrote:
N> FWIW, I disagree on this one. To me the ports tree is a nice
N> infrastructure to get 3rd party software installed on my system. I don't
N> care about distribution rights insofar, as I primarily want to use
N> software, not distribute it.   ...

You  might  not  be  distributing  it but in order for you to be able to
download  the  port  the  administrators of the server you download from
needs distribution rights.

--
rodd@polylogics.com    "In theory, practice and theory are the same,
Rod Dorman              but in practice they are different."