Re: No more ports of unfree software

begin  electrogrammati illius Theo de Raadt

>> Some of the code in his source packages is public domain, whereas
>
>It is not public domain unless it makes a legally acceptable declaration
>that it is so.  If it is public domain, then he cannot make rules for
>how it is used.  But he has made rules for how it can be used, so it is
>not public domain.

You haven't looked at the files in his source, have you? No.
I said "Some of the code". Some files. Not all of them.

>I am ensuring that our FTP and CDROM distributions are legal.

What about PERMIT_*=No ?

Last time I mailed you about ports, you said you do not do ports,
you do not care about them. So shut up and hack. Now.

Greetings from the Rhein,
//Thorsten
--
Willst Du wegen dummer User immer 'Ja, ich will' nach einem rm an /dev/tty
eingeben müssen?		-- Bodo Eggert in de.alt.sysadmin.recovery