Re: No more ports of unfree software

begin  electrogrammati illius Theo de Raadt

>We have met very few authors who are not willing to explain exactly
>what copyright freedoms they grant to us, in a legal framework.  We've
>met hundreds of authors who have been willing to clarify their license
>in a legal form.

I agree with you in this respect (educating the authors, etc.), such
as the IPFilter issue - but keep your fingers out of the ports tree.
It _is_ there to make users able to run third-party software, unfree
as well as just not in the base system.
We've had netscape for ages. (And no midnight commander, wtf?)

//Thorsten
--
Willst Du wegen dummer User immer 'Ja, ich will' nach einem rm an /dev/tty
eingeben müssen?		-- Bodo Eggert in de.alt.sysadmin.recovery