Re: No more ports of unfree software

begin  electrogrammati illius Theo de Raadt

>We have met very few authors who are not willing to explain exactly
>what copyright freedoms they grant to us, in a legal framework.  We've
>met hundreds of authors who have been willing to clarify their license
>in a legal form.

I agree with you in this respect (educating the authors, etc.), such
as the IPFilter issue - but keep your fingers out of the ports tree.
It _is_ there to make users able to run third-party software, unfree
as well as just not in the base system.
We've had netscape for ages. (And no midnight commander, wtf?)

Willst Du wegen dummer User immer 'Ja, ich will' nach einem rm an /dev/tty
eingeben müssen?		-- Bodo Eggert in de.alt.sysadmin.recovery