Re: No more ports of unfree software

On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 07:15:43PM -0400, Generic Player wrote:
> Its not about building software.  Some of the ports are not at all
> trivial, and even then, do you want to waste the time patching stupid
> software that makes dumb assumptions?  Why not just use freebsd or
> netbsd instead and still get the benefits of a ports tree?
>
> The beauty of ports is that its tracked.  I can pkg_delete what I
> installed from ports, it won't delete modified files when I do it.  I
> already know it works, other people are using it, and if I have a
> problem, its likely I can find someone willing to help.

Since people obviously have strong opinions on the matter (and I do not) my 2
cents do not belong here. I was merely pointing out that if ports with license
terms in violation of the OpenBSD project goals are a problem then I back their
removal from the tree, that's all.

In hindsight I both apologize for my original post and ask that I be withdrawn
from any further discussion on the matter.

Thank you,

-Rick