Re: No more ports of unfree software

* Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.inka.de> writes:

[...]
> Speaking of PERMIT_*=No, I've come to dislike a simple "no" there.
> I would like to see a self-explanatory reason in all ports affected.
> Makes it easier to take some action based on the particular reason,
> e.g. "no license" => contact the author.

Sending DJB a mail saying "Theo told me he can't ship your software
because you didn't attribute a licence to it" will certainly help to
bring joy and happiness to this world.

Tune in again tomorrow when you find a 666k sized thread "Hypocritical
Netscape-shippers" in your inbox.

And yes, I really, really think it would suck if Dan's software was
taken out of OpenBSD completely. Other distributors have found usable
ways[1] around his licence idiosyncrasies.

Footnotes:
[1]  <http://smarden.org/pape/Debian/qmail.html> for instance.