Re: ghostscript to no longer be free

Jose Nazario wrote:
> heads up for future ghostscript porting/packaging ... make sure the
> right version is used.

>From reading the article and the linked discussion, it appears that there'll
still be a GPL-licensed version of Ghostscript available for the foreseeable
future, it just won't be part of "the GNU system".  The problem they had
wasn't the GPL itself, it was having to excise all mention that a commercial
product existed from their codebase.

I got the impression that development and releases of GPL-licensed
Ghostscript would continue as they always have, but I guess we'll see.