Re: openoffice (emulated) port revisited

Nick Holland wrote:
> Michael Schubert wrote:
>
>>Port: http://schubert.cx/openbsd/ports/openoffice.tar.gz
>

> For me, on a system with a week old -current, 'make' went seemingly
> ok, but it choked on 'make install':
>
> Script started on Fri May 30 18:25:55 2003
> fast /usr/ports/mystuff/openoffice # make install
> ===>  Building package for openoffice-linux-1.0.3.1
> Creating package /usr/ports/packages/i386/All/openoffice-linux-1.0.3.1.tgz
> Using SrcDir value of /usr/ports/mystuff/openoffice/w-openoffice-linux-1.0.3.1/fake-i386/usr/local
> Creating gzip'd tar ball in '/usr/ports/packages/i386/All/openoffice-linux-1.0.3.1.tgz'

[snip no such file la la la]

> tar: Unable to access openoffice/share/fonts/truetype/fonts_dir.global: No such file or directory
> tar: WARNING! These file names were not selected:

[snip]

> openoffice/share/fonts/truetype/fonts_dir.global
> pkg_create: tar command failed with code 256
> *** Error code 1

Yeah, basically from the emails I've gotton its worked for about a 1/3
of the people who emailed me back and the other 2/3's seem to have this
problem. The setup.log given by setup.bin at the end doesn't seem to
help much, one thing to do would be to run setup.bin (called from the oo
  install directory /tmp/sv0001.tmp by /tmp/sv0001.tmp/setup which is
different from the 'setup' in the original install directory. Confused?
:-) under ktrace and have it spit the ktrace.out somewhere else besides
./ since the temporary install directory would be wiped in the end if
you run install/setup.

If you want to unpack the actual install program to tinker with, do this
in the w-openoffice-linux-1.0.3.1/install directory after extracting:

for i in (ls -c1 f0_*); do unzip $i -d ./oo-install; done

I'm going do some fresh installs on another machine and test again to
see if I can isolate whats causing the install to just die silently and
or not install all the files out of the zip.

In other news I've been told that a native build requires 4GB of disk
space, yikes.

-- schubert