[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Can we kill shells/bash (= bash1) please?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Can we kill shells/bash (= bash1) please?
- From: email@example.com (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 22:49:11 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.ports
Can we kill the shells/bash (i.e. bash-1.14.7) port? This has been
entirely superseded by bash2. Chet doesn't maintain it any longer.
I have a vague memory of a security issue. It smells funny.
I didn't mind lugging it along while it was working, or at least
while we imagined it was working, but I just noticed that it is
broken (dumps core on startup) on our 64-bit platforms.
Does anybody still see a justification for the continued existence
of a bash1 port?
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber firstname.lastname@example.org