[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Porters: new @extra functionality in pkg_*
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Porters: new @extra functionality in pkg_*
- From: Marc Espie <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:59:58 +0200
- Content-Disposition: inline
- Mail-Followup-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Mutt/1.4.1i
I committed an update to pkg_* that adds recognition for an @extra keyword.
That keyword is used in conjunction with -c in pkg_delete: to allow extra
files to get deleted. There's also a second related keyword @extraunexec,
whose purpose you can guess.
DEINSTALL scripts will get notified by the env variable PKG_DELETE_EXTRA
being set to Yes, instead of No.
The intent is to allow configuration files to get removed on demand, by
using pkg_delete -c.
This is very useful for bulk package building, where you usually want to
start on a `clean' system, and hence want to remove every configuration
file from a previous run.
Please check your ports and create updates that contain @extra annotations.