[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Problem with X11 (KDE) on my Workstation
- To: "Org" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Problem with X11 (KDE) on my Workstation
- From: "Johann Steigenberger" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 20:15:41 +0200
i installed OpenBSD2.9 on my Workstation (as a full install)
Graphics Adapter is a NVidia VANTA based Elsa Card.
I configured the Riva TNT2 and X11 is starting without Problems ...
After XF86setup was complete i also installed the KDE-Port but
now there are 2 Problems ....
1. Using the startx command X11 comes up but no KDE .....
(Donīt know why it doesnīt)
2. When exiting the X11 and returning to Console the screen is
very dark, so it is very difficult to read anything ...
Starting x11 again the scrren looks fine in x11 ....
leaving second time the screen becomes again darker (more than 1 st
time ) .... so only thing i can do to get my terminal back is using
the reboot command ....
Any suggestions ???