[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Adaptec scsi driver OBSD 3.3 question
I currently have an Intel motherboard that has onboard:
ahc0 at pci0 dev 12 function 0 "Adaptec AIC-7896/7 U2" rev 0x00: irq 11
ahc0: aic7896/97: Ultra2 Wide Channel A, SCSI Id=7, 32/255 SCBs
While looking for something else,
I noticed this in ahc_pci.c :
* XXX memory-mapped is busted on some i386 on-board chips.
* for i386, we don't even try it. Also, suppress the damn
* PCI bus errors messages on i386. They are not fatal, and are
* usually caused by some other device on the PCI bus. But some
* ahc cards won't work without ACKing them. So just ACK and go!
* XXX- smurph
Since I have used MEMIO on this board under FBSD 4.8 with no ill effects,
what is involved in setting up the Adaptec driver to use AHC_ALLOW_MEMIO
Second, is there any way to lessen the SCSI device timout during boot (the
part where the OS probes the channels for drives?)
We used to need 10secs or so along time ago, but now 2-5 seconds would be
sufficient. I know this may sound petty, but I am only asking.
Under my last OS, this was settable in the kernel config file.
Thanks for any tips/pointers. I will accept flames as well, since I may be
asking stupid things here :(