[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: 2nd try Re: a.out dynamic binaries emulation
- To: Thorsten Glaser <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: 2nd try Re: a.out dynamic binaries emulation
- From: Artur Grabowski <email@example.com>
- Date: 07 May 2003 05:38:00 +0200
- Cc: Marc Espie <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- References: <20030424131923.GA4272@tetto.gentiane.org> <20030426144301.GA31870@tetto.gentiane.org> <Pine.BSO.4.53.0304261517250.7609@n1.BOFH.bsddeveloper.co.uk>
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.09 (Gnus v5.9.0) Emacs/21.2
Thorsten Glaser <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> begin electrogrammati illius Marc Espie
> >Here's a new one, with a few fixes based on people comments.
> >I'd like to be able to commit this soon... so I'd need some okay,
> >and if people can check I didn't break any arch, I'd love it.
> >Index: sys/arch/i386/i386/trap.c
> What about pulling it in for any ELF arch?
> People upgrading sparc from 3.1 to 3.4 would love you.
It still wouldn't help.
All a.out dynamic binaries on sparc had a bug that made them crash on
startup when the kernel started doing proper execute protection.