[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Uhhh.... Re: Pentium II processor..
> If _BOTH_ of the processors just up and died like that, chances are:
> a) You had the voltage improperly set.
Nope, properly set, I make sure.
> b) Did you buy OEM? You may have bought 333s, overclocked to 400 and
If a 333 says 400 on it, then yes, I bought a 333.
> c) You damaged some of the voltage and/or other control circuitry via
> static discharge. A 200V discharge can damage and/or kill a great many
> semiconductors. Have you ever touched a doorknob and been shocked?
> That's typically 9000V. You could have given several parts of the
> motherboard and/or processors some lovely 200V-1000V shocks by
> installing them with your bare hands and without a wrist grounding
> strap, and never felt a thing.
Good point, but I've been installing different hardware components for
YEARS, I do know what i'm doing, but I appreciate your concern.