[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Bug with accounting
- To: bugs_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Bug with accounting
- From: Andris Peize <andrisp_(_at_)_hipo_(_dot_)_lv>
- Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 13:46:18 +0300
- Envelope-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
accounting is not stopped when system shuts down, this leads to (minor)
filesystem corruption or so
enable accounting ( touch /var/account/acct ; accton /var/account/acct )
reboot few times.
Sometimes at reboot it will bail out to kernel debugger somewhere in
disk interrupts, > ps then shows acct still running.
Easy workaround to prevent filesystem damage is adding /usr/sbin/acct to
/etc/rc.shutdown, but this is not even close to real fix.
Visit your host, monkey.org