[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: 3c509b weirdisms.
- From: austin wood <awood_(_at_)_fault_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:17:51 -0500 (EST)
- Reply-to: austin wood <awood_(_at_)_fault_(_dot_)_net>
Well, I sent this message earlier, but for some reason it didn't get
there, so I'll try again.
I have a 3C509b (ep0) in my OpenBSD box. I set up ipnat, ipf, and the
kernel so it would act as a gateway for the rest of my computers. For
most cases, this works fine without a problem. However, on some webpages,
my web browsers stay on "Waiting for reply". I beleive this to be a
hardware problem because I was experiencing the same problems with
FreeBSD's natd. At first I thought this was due to the extremely cheap
hub I bought, but I tried with a cross over cable for a 2 machine LAN, and
I got the same error. Just curious to see if I need a new NIC, or both
the FreeBSD and OpenBSD's daemon have the same bug.
Thanks in advance,
Visit your host, monkey.org