[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Availability of cross-tools for Linux<-->OpenBSD?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Availability of cross-tools for Linux<-->OpenBSD?
- From: Michael Crogan <mcrogan_(_at_)_kc_(_dot_)_trail_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 23:40:47 -0600
- Cc: mcrogan_(_at_)_purdue_(_dot_)_edu
Hello. Under Linux I would like to compile for OpenBSD. However,
I cannot get either egcs-1.1.2 (patched or not), egcs-19990616 or
any version of gcc to work as a cross compiler for OpenBSD from Linux
(kernel 2.2.5-22; distribution RedHat 6.0). I copy the latest snapshot
libraries and headers from the FTP site, and set the destination properly,
but I have not yet found a version which actually compiles. Each version
I have tried gives too many errors to count. Has anyone successfully
cross-compiled from Linux?
Secondly, is much involved in building Linux binaries from OpenBSD source?
After enough modification to the /usr/share/mk files (and after porting
bmake), would it be possible to build most of the BSD tools under /usr/src
Any information would be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Visit your host, monkey.org