[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Diskless Client + Pseduo TTY/console driver?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Diskless Client + Pseduo TTY/console driver?
- From: Shaolin Coding Monk <daemons_(_at_)_focus_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:37:33 +0000 (GMT)
- Reply-to: daemons_(_at_)_flashmail_(_dot_)_com
Boot diskless i386 system with install floppy. Mount nfsroot fine, things
like ps, w, finger, telnet, ftp, etc seem to work. Do sh MAKEDEV std tty0
etc etc etc for all the devices listed in /dev/MAKEDEV.
Problems: When rlogin/telnet/etc to diskless it reports no pseudo tty's
even tho they are in /dev. Is this because the install kernel does not
When i type startx is reports xf86openconsole: No cnosole driver found
Suggested drivers pccons (with X support), pcvt
Check your kernel's console driver config and /dev
I tried to build DISKLESS from 2.5 but it broke in compile. What can i do
to get a usable diskless client?
Thanks in advance,
daemons_(_at_)_flashmail_(_dot_)_com Powered by OpenBSD
http://openbsd.itgo.com <- PGP KEYS HERE Strength From Within
Visit your host, monkey.org