[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Installation problems - Amiga - OpenBSD 2.1
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Installation problems - Amiga - OpenBSD 2.1
- From: "Kevin Bewley" <kevin_(_dot_)_bewley_(_at_)_camr_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk>
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 14:15:32 +0100
- Organization: camr.org.uk
- Reply-to: kevin_(_dot_)_bewley_(_at_)_camr_(_dot_)_org_(_dot_)_uk
Hi there, I'm new to the list and also to OpenBSD and I've had a
problem installing the system.
I have partitioned my drive - fine.
I have booted up with loadbsd -A bsd.rd
and installed all the *.tar.gz archives from an amigados partition.
I then reset, after 'halt'ing the system, and load up my installed
Un*x with loadbsd -A bsd.
The system boots, asks me to choose a shell, I pick 'sh' by just
hitting return and the system then throws me in with a # prompt. I
cannot get to any of the files that have been installed in /usr I just
get . .. if I do 'ls -a'. What am I doing wrong? My /usr partition is on
sd0b. My root is on sd0a. I'm not sure about swap!?
A1200 Kick 3.0 '060/50MHz + SCSI 50Mb RAM
1.3Gb Hitachi HD 2x SCSI CD-ROM
Visit your host, monkey.org