[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Softupdates makes the system freeze!
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Softupdates makes the system freeze!
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: 3 Oct 2000 18:36:28 +0200
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
Jeff Wyman <wysoft_(_at_)_wysoft_(_dot_)_tzo_(_dot_)_com> wrote:
> Contrary to my crash on i386, I have been running 2.7-stable on sparc for
> months with softupdates enabled, and the thing never goes down. It's a
> SPARCstation 2 /w 64MB memory, so it has the RAM for it apparently.
This is even more remarkable considering that an SS2 is a sun4c
machine on which soft updates are not to be enabled at all because
that architecture doesn't support enough kernel memory.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org