[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Scroll lock light?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Scroll lock light?
- From: Seth Arnold <sarnold_(_at_)_willamette_(_dot_)_edu>
- Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 10:43:00 -0700
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* A farmer using BSD, eh! <GreeNeck_(_at_)_use_(_dot_)_net> [001012 10:36]:
> Also, dont suspect if mouse cursor freezes in X after switching away and
> back. XFree86 doesn't seem to handle mouse control that well for some
Actually, this is a common side effect of ps/2 mice on the i386
platform. The ps/2 mouse port is quite fragile (I know people that have
killed their mouse ports by hotswapping ps/2 mice!) and cannot recover
if the mouse is unplugged while the machine is on. Plugging it back in
won't bring it back.
Switch boxes, cheap ones anyway, show the same problems. It costs quite
a bit of money to get ones that always fake the presence of a mouse to
the computer -- well, a bit for me. For some people, the expense is well
Visit your host, monkey.org