[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD/Errata/BUGTraq et al.
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD/Errata/BUGTraq et al.
- From: naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de (Christian Weisgerber)
- Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 16:13:36 +0000 (UTC)
- Newsgroups: list.openbsd.misc
> Look at Debian. You can upgrade to a new version without even a reboot!
This is patently false. You can introduce limited userland updates,
which is no different from OpenBSD or any other unix. The Debian
package management is very slick, but it can't work magic.
> Alas the PC architecture is not really designed for remote users. When
> will there be a cheap PCI card with onboard ethernet, sshd and an emulated
> serial port for remote console access? (cf. HP-UX LAN Console)
Check out the PC Weasel. Doesn't exactly fit your specs, but it
might be close enough.
Oh, and you can take up that UltraSPARC port nobody seems to care
for. That would give you access to a sensible architecture.
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber naddy_(_at_)_mips_(_dot_)_inka_(_dot_)_de
Visit your host, monkey.org