[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Sig 11 and strange consequences
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Sig 11 and strange consequences
- From: Arno Erpenbeck <aerpenbe_(_at_)_rz_(_dot_)_uni-osnabrueck_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:35:20 +0200 (DFT)
- Reply-to: aerpenbe_(_at_)_uos_(_dot_)_de
I tried to build the new gcc (2.95-pre3), which failed with a sig 11.
I read in the archives that this may be related to hardware problems.
Anyway, I reinstalled comp27.tgz to get a running compiler again. The
strange thing now any time I boot the machine, I have 100-150 cpp
processes running, which disappear after a short while. Also xdm doesn't
show up anymore.
I wonder if this is related in any way?
Machine: i386/current-kernel, XFree 4.0
Thanks for your advice
Visit your host, monkey.org