[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
i-opener boot problems
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: i-opener boot problems
- From: Bob Zoller <bob_(_at_)_helpermonkey_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 13:53:52 -0800 (PST)
I'm having trouble getting OpenBSD to boot on an i-opener
(if you've been living in the dark ages, that's basically a laptop board
with an LCD strapped to it ;)
Here's what happens:
* with a 2.7-release GENERIC kernel:
boots fine in another machine, but not in the i-opener. In the
i-opener, I get the boot> prompt, and it loads the kernel, but the screen
blanks at the "entry point" line and nothing else happens.
* with a 2.8-beta GENERIC kernel:
same.. blank screen after "entry point"
* with a 2.8-beta GENERIC kernel, but with pc0 instead of vt0 in the
this time, the screen doesn't blank after "entry point", but the
machine stops just as before.
I've checked the mailing list archives and I man'd boot until I was blue,
but I still can't seem to resolve this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance,
Visit your host, monkey.org