[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
What does `option DUMMY_NOPS' do?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: What does `option DUMMY_NOPS' do?
- From: Morten Liebach <morten_(_at_)_hotpost_(_dot_)_dk>
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 22:02:32 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
I've tried to find out what `option DUMMY_NOPS' actually is, besides
``speed hack; recommended''. Man options doesn't mention it, and a
recursive grep for DUMMY_NOPS doesn't help either, it returns hits in
the generated Makefile of the kernel, and in the example config files.
I'd like to know what it is and what it does?
Even more, as the newbie I am, I'd like to know how I can navigate the
source, and trace where the code of the different options are, as I've
found it very interesting to read comments in the code, and a great way
I'm at page ~20 in `The C programming language', so I don't know much
Thanks in advance
UNIX, reach out and grep someone!
Visit your host, monkey.org