[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Couldn't not figure out printer
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Couldn't not figure out printer
- From: "R. Lonstein" <lonstein_(_at_)_agoron_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 07:49:22 -0500
- Mail-followup-to: "R. Lonstein" <lonstein>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 10:31:01AM +0100, Horacio wrote:
> > When I went looking for a printer, I ensured it had postscript
> > support, easy networking (so I could easily hook it up through
> > printcap, CUPS, samba, etc) on top of good output. It took a long
> > time to find one that met all these criteria. And I had my printer
> > working in ten minutes. :) God, I love Xerox.
> Yes, great, but at a high cost. Not everyone can afford a postscript
> printer. Mine is a non postscript deskjet Xerox and works beautifully
> with apsfilter and the cdjcolor filter.
I've had good results for the past four years with the Lexmark Optra
E+. If PCL5 isn't good enough, it also accepts a $75 PostScript SIMM
bringing the total cost to around $350. You can probably find it for
less as it's a discontinued model.
Visit your host, monkey.org