[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: modssl using hardware crypto?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: modssl using hardware crypto?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 13:08:08 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 11:11:40PM -0500, Generic Player wrote:
> Does the apache+modssl that ships with openbsd support hardware crypto?
> If so, how do I enable it?
nothing to configure, just plug a supported crypto accelerator in and it
RC4, the most used SSL crypto algorithm for https (~ 95% on our servers...)
is not accelerated tho, as it's faster to do this in software than sending
the data to the crypto card and reading the results back. however, the MD5
and SHA1 stuff in the session setup is accelerated.
Unix is very simple, but it takes a genius to understand the simplicity.
Visit your host, monkey.org