[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: rl(4) kernel driver dependency .problems
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: rl(4) kernel driver dependency .problems
- From: Christopher Nehren <apeiron_(_at_)_comcast_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 18:07:48 -0400
- Cc: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>
On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 17:54, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
> This would be aided by the kernel, but first I have to ask:
> why do you need a custom kernel?
The system has but 32 MB RAM available, so I'd like to cut out as many
superfluous drivers that I can.
> Also, beware the RL cards - either they or the drivers suck (both
> is quite possible too). $40 for an FXP makes life suck less.
As for the RL cards, I'd like to keep the setup as cheap as possible. If
necessary I can buy an FXP card instead, though I'd like to save the
money if possible.
Visit your host, monkey.org