[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Where to install programs?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Where to install programs?
- From: Marc Balmer <marc_(_at_)_msys_(_dot_)_ch>
- Date: 11 Apr 2003 12:10:38 +0200
- Organization: micro systems
I wrote two programs, tools to measure SMTP performance in this case.
On "my" systems they belong in /usr/sbin, the man pages go into section
8. The programs are obviously not part of the "official" OpenBSD so
where should such programs be installed by default? Is it wise to
install in the standard locations where such programs would naturally go
if they were part of the "official" OpenBSD or should everything else go
How should one distribute such programs? As a tar.gz file or as a port
although it is written for BSD? Or should I suggest them for inclusion
in the tree?
Regards and thanks,
Visit your host, monkey.org