[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: OpenBSD project support idea
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: OpenBSD project support idea
- From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 01:42:24 -0400
- Mail-followup-to: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+obsd_(_at_)_2003_(_dot_)_snew_(_dot_)_com>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
Wanna support it? buy the CD. Every six months, but another
CD. Tell the accountants that it's a regular 6 month "update"
(it is). Compare/contrast those costs with Sun updates, etc.
Or talk Austin at the calgary computer shop into charging you for
two at once and then sending 3.3 and 3.4 later.
Previous efforts at subscriptions have led to dealing with
expired credit cards, "subscribees" with changed addresses,
etc, etc. Doesn't really make it worth the effort at an
open source project level. Yes, there are other models.
No, the above outlines your choices.
Creative other options might be sliding quality parts to
the project. Theo has a "wants" list. Able to buy an
extra gigabit SBUS card and drop it in the mail. Whatever.
(don't reply to me AND the list, I'm on the list)
Visit your host, monkey.org