[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Network Interface Not Found in IBM/x305 with -current
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Network Interface Not Found in IBM/x305 with -current
- From: Eric <eric-list-openbsd_(_at_)_catastrophe_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 14:08:33 -0500
- Organization: Catastrophe.Net <http://www.catastrophe.net/>
- Reply-to: eric-dated-1052766513_(_dot_)_43be0b992a29b549f62a656367bebba8fa10_(_at_)_catastrophe_(_dot_)_net
On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 23:14:34 +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner proclaimed...
> I had the same problem - there seems to be a problem with the bge(4)
> driver(or the lack thereof) on the bootfloopies (and according to the
> website bge(4) support should be on the bootfloppy-images).
> Using the cd33.iso file fixed the problem for me - maybe this should be
> documented somehow.
The cd33.iso worked like a champ; thanks. One thing I did notice is
that the old problem of "Using Drive 0: Partition 3" resurfaced on
this hardware (I guess old things never die).
When booting from cd33.iso and attempting to boot from the hard
disk that is now installed, I see this..
probing: pc0 com0 mem[640K 510M a20=on]
disk: fd0 fd1 hd0 hd1
>> OpenBSD BOOT 2.00
boot> boot wd0a:/bsd
booting wd0a:/bsd: open wd0a:/bsd: Invalid argument
failed(22). will try /bsd.old
If anyone has an x305 and was able to work around this lemme know.
Once the machine is up, I'll get my bootblocks to mickey@ and
Visit your host, monkey.org