[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: MySQL doesn't work!
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: MySQL doesn't work!
- From: Karsten <km_(_at_)_themcminns_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:36:15 -0700
- Reply-to: km_(_at_)_themcminns_(_dot_)_com
On Wednesday 23 April 2003 11:19 am, Marco Feenstra wrote:
> after pkg_add I do the following
> safe_mysqld &
ok. First copy in the cnf file into /etc and edit it with the correct
variables. Second start mysqld by doing a
'/usr/local/bin/safe_mysqld --user=mysql &'. Thirdly
the correct syntax to change the password using mysqladmin on a new install
is 'mysqladmin -u root password new-password'. Don't forget to reload the
grant tables after doing that.
Visit your host, monkey.org