[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: nfs write speed performance... still
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: nfs write speed performance... still
- From: jared r r spiegel <jrrs_(_at_)_ice-nine_(_dot_)_org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 03:53:01 -0700
- Mail-followup-to: jared r r spiegel <jrrs_(_at_)_ice-nine_(_dot_)_org>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 10:28:47AM +0100, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> On Friday 05 November 2004 10:04, jared r r spiegel wrote:
> > i have an integrated xl0 on my motherboard ( tyan tiger dual athlon ),
> > and it sucks ass for NFS.
> Allright, so I guess I should try and buy some other network cards.
> Obviously, people here seem to like dc(4), so I'll try to find some of those.
> Thanks a lot.
a bit of devil's advocating on the dc(4) NICs ( or at least the linksys lne
100tx v4 knockoff ADMTEK something-something i have (this is different than the NIC
i am borrowing)):
so just any dc is probably not the holy grail.
in that post i mention the PC not booting with an fxp(4); i've since found
out that the issue was just the m/b being hokey. AGP was kinda hokey on
that m/b too.
[ openbsd 3.6 GENERIC ( oct 12 ) // i386 ]
Visit your host, monkey.org