[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PAM Authentication on OBSD?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: PAM Authentication on OBSD?
- From: jgw_(_at_)_absent_(_dot_)_org
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 09:28:58 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: "Roger Gujord" <roger_(_dot_)_gujord_(_at_)_gmail_(_dot_)_com>
Then I would unfortunately suggest you do not use OpenBSD for this task.
For this, I would recommend Debian Linux. I have a Debian box that
authenticates to Active Directory (LDAP) via PAM and I'm doing what you're
trying to do, and it works wonderfully and without much pain. In addition,
with Debian you can use Samba 3.0 which has a buncha cool new stuff and
OpenBSD isn't good at everything, but damn it's good at what its meant to do.
> I need something like PAM because I need a unified user management for
> samba, sendmail, imap, web-apps (apache/mod_perl) and more. Interface
> with LDAP.
> Thx! :-)
> Roger Gujord
Visit your host, monkey.org