[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: creating high performance multiprocessor server
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: creating high performance multiprocessor server
- From: "Niall O'Higgins" <niallo_(_at_)_netsoc_(_dot_)_ucd_(_dot_)_ie>
- Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 14:09:22 +0000
- Reply-to: "Niall O'Higgins" <niallo_(_at_)_netsoc_(_dot_)_ucd_(_dot_)_ie>
On Thu, Nov 11, 2004 at 01:07:33PM +0000, Tomasz Pajor wrote:
> I was thinking about 64 bit mode, but what motherboard to serve that ?
Stay away from Intel. This should be obvious for a number of reasons.
Not least because AFAIK their AMD64 clone lacks an NX bit.
Tyan and RioWorks both make server class multiprocessor AMD64 motherboards.
Although I haven't used RioWorks, I would advise people to stay away
from Tyan stuff if possible.
Visit your host, monkey.org