[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ifstated still not with 3.6?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: ifstated still not with 3.6?
- From: Henning Brauer <lists-openbsd_(_at_)_bsws_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 13:39:30 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
* Adrian Close <adrian_(_at_)_close_(_dot_)_wattle_(_dot_)_id_(_dot_)_au> [2004-11-14 13:33]:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Henning Brauer wrote:
> > * Tobias Walkowiak <tw_(_at_)_tobias-walkowiak_(_dot_)_de> [2004-11-12 12:20]:
> > > ifstated (necessary for correct usage of CARP)
> > lies don't get any more true by repeating them over and over
> I guess that depends on how you define truth... ;) Anyway...
> So, what _is_ the recommended solution for the redundant CARP/pfsync
> firewall scenario when there's only a partial failure (say, an interface
> on the "primary" goes down), and you want to do automatic failover?
> It seems like you need something to be monitoring link states and
> adjusting CARP advbase/skew to compensate. Or did I misunderstand
carp does that on its own.
Visit your host, monkey.org