[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: DVD+RW-Tools
- From: Mark Pecaut <mark_(_at_)_pecaut_(_dot_)_us>
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:09:37 -0700
- Mail-followup-to: Mark Pecaut <mark_(_at_)_pecaut_(_dot_)_us>, misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 10:53:55AM -0600, Scott Gerhardt wrote:
> What about the growisofs utility that is part of dvd+rw-tools? Or can I
> get all the DVD burning functionality by using the cdrtools?
> I need a fool proof way or burning DVD backups (beats the hell out of
> tapes for ~10GB uncompressed data). I have had success with growisofs
> (dvd+rw-tools) on FreeBSD and Linux.
growisofs is not part of cdrtools. DVD+RW tools does compile and run
fine on OpenBSD. If you want a port, I believe someone posted a port
for it a while back on ports@ - search the archives. However, the pkg_
tools are changing fast and this old port probably won't work out of
the box on -current.
Visit your host, monkey.org