[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: mixerctl yields operation not supported by device every time
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: mixerctl yields operation not supported by device every time
- From: Jacob Meuser <jakemsr_(_at_)_jakemsr_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 02:06:57 -0800
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
On Thu, Nov 18, 2004 at 12:55:57PM +0300, Alexander Yurchenko wrote:
> show your dmesg.
actually, Avery did post it yesterday, along with `audioctl -a`.
probably people said to check mixerctl ...
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2004 at 11:39:53PM -0500, Avery Tarasov wrote:
> > hey. im using openbsd 3.6 and i read the man page for mixerctl. whenever
> > i try running mixerctl it says:
> > mixerctl: /dev/mixer: Operation not supported by device
> > i have also tried mixerctl -a -v
> > i have been having problems getting my sound to work. i have a sis7012
> > ac97 sound card that should work according to the hardware openbsd listing.
> > totally stumped in general.
> > please advise,thx for your time,--avery
> Alexander Yurchenko (aka grange)
Visit your host, monkey.org