[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Can I delete comp36.tgz?
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Can I delete comp36.tgz?
- From: Hannah Schroeter <hannah_(_at_)_schlund_(_dot_)_de>
- Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:38:53 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Schlund + Partner AG
On Fri, Nov 19, 2004 at 03:18:46PM -0500, Mathieu Sauve-Frankel wrote:
>cd / && tar ztf com36.tgz | xargs sudo rm -rf
This might be very *unsafe*.
If the tar includes entries for intermediate directories that are
also used by other sets, this might remove those directories and
those other contents too. Like if comp36.tgz contains an entry
for /usr/share/man/cat1/ (because it then includes e.g.
/usr/share/man/cat1/gcc.0), you could end up with no section 1
man pages at all any more.
Visit your host, monkey.org