[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Root can't remove file
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Root can't remove file
- From: Dave Feustel <dfeustel_(_at_)_mindspring_(_dot_)_com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 11:45:43 -0500
- Reply-to: dfeustel_(_at_)_mindspring_(_dot_)_com
I attempted to remove a directory tree
using rm -rf but got a bunch of error
messages that I had a non-empty directory.
Drilling down I found a file named README
of length 0, owned by root/wheel with permissions
All attempts as root to delete, move or chown this file fail,
although I can write to it.
How can I get rid of it?
Visit your host, monkey.org