[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Root can't remove file
- To: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Subject: Re: Root can't remove file
- From: Christian Schneider <strcat_(_at_)_gmx_(_dot_)_net>
- Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 18:09:51 +0100
- Mail-followup-to: misc_(_at_)_openbsd_(_dot_)_org
- Organization: Go away or I will replace you with a very small shell script
Thus spoke Dave Feustel (dfeustel_(_at_)_mindspring_(_dot_)_com):
> I attempted to remove a directory tree
> using rm -rf but got a bunch of error
> messages that I had a non-empty directory.
> Drilling down I found a file named README
> of length 0, owned by root/wheel with permissions
> All attempts as root to delete, move or chown this file fail,
> although I can write to it.
Check with ``ls -lo README'' for setting chflags(1).
Visit your host, monkey.org